Sunday, March 11, 2012

1912 slip pattern

I received the pattern for the slip last week. Yeah! I am really looking forward to this challenge project. I have white cotton batiste an a lot of cotton lace, and plenty of enthusiasm! Currently, I am working on white outfits for the four beautiful children of a good friend. One is a first communion dress, one a christening outfit, and the other two are for Easter. There are two boys, one a year old and one 6, and two girls, ages 4 and 8. This has been a great incentive for me to get out my Sew Beautiful magazines and jump back into heirloom sewing, something I've loved for years! There is nothing quite as ethereal as a delicate, vintage confection of sheer white cotton and fine laces.
The girls' dresses are reproductions of an Edwardian dress featured in the magazine years ago. They consist of an underdress with fitted bodice and a loose over blouse, all with lots  of lace insertion and tucks, using the same batiste and laces I'll use on my slip later. The dresses are today's project. I'll post pictures of the garments when I've finished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment