Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sew For Victory Dress-Complete!

I finally finished my dress for Sew for Victory! It took me a little longer than I'd anticipated. I know that one should make a muslin before using an untried pattern, but I didn't, and as a result, I ended up with a dress that was too large in the waist for a comfortable fit. After some quality time with my friend Jack (the ripper) and a little cutting  down to size, I re-seamed everything and am reasonably happy with the results. I do need to purchase or make a different belt, since the one in the photo is too small for me and so shows up all those lumps and bumps I'd rather have remain hidden. All in all, I think this will be a very serviceable dress for "Olga" to wear on the train.
 
                            Olga's Dress                                                                                    The reason it took me a little longer than anticipated:
 
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment